Unpaved paths

I have to give myself a kick some days.  

Cheering on friends, family and coworkers, even strangers.  You can do this, you’ve got it and of course, it was always within you to do all you feared you couldn’t. I forget to tell myself these.

One of the quotes that slips into my mind is “Doing the same thing over and over is the definition of insanity.” 

Here I am though, looking down a path I fear to go as I know how difficult it will be.  Emotionally mostly.  Facing something that needs to be done.  Not being a stranger to paths that are unpaved, I know full well what is in front of me.  It’s taken almost a year to face this and I am ready.  

What I’ve learnt is this..

Nothing will change unless the steps are taken forward.  Looking back does nothing good however, when it is required, a glimpse back gives fortitude to move forward.  

I am, like you, worth it and never accept anything less than.

No, is a complete sentence.

Be honest with yourself and love yourself first.

Your path was never paved darling but you can create one wherever you go. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What love is

Becoming

No room for shame