No room for shame


Shame.  It’s a heavy weight to carry yet we all do it.

From being a young child to a grown adult, I look back and have felt this throughout life.  The shame though, isn’t on me completely and recognizing this now I feel free.  

Why?

Those choices I made were to survive and heal.  

From what others choose and to that end, I recognize where the shame lies and for those who drove a nail deep down, forcing a hand to which I did not want to choose.  

The most freeing part of it is that I will carry on.  To become more, to show others how to survive the storm of shame and to become stronger.  

I am not what others try to define of me, I am what I choose and shame is not part of that path and has no room in my life any longer.  



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What love is

Becoming