Enough

I have been accused for being vulnerable when, at times others feel I shouldn't.  The problem is, this is who I am.  

Being open about my childhood, my previous relationship and life situations, they are part of me.  Some, the past part of me and I am okay with it.

From a young girl, as many I fought to find value from my family.  As a young woman and mother, I swore to myself that I would do my best to give that value to the children I would bare, giving away any self care as I thought it was selfish.  Entering a relationship with the need to ensure the life that I felt was necessary, losing myself was truly what I felt was the last straw.  Over 2 decades later, I couldn't do it and had to make the change.  I wasn't enough to handle things and I was completely and utterly lost.  I had spiraled down knowing the climb out wouldn't be easy and not without tearing open some wounds I had never allowed to heal over the course of this life to date.

The leaps of faith, were at times monumental however, they were never taken alone.  I just haven't seen it until now.  

As a young girl, facing the unimaginable, I had friends who showed me faith, gave me strength, 

As a mum, wanting to be the best example, I had strength to move forward in teaching values, faith and the belief of a better life.

As a woman, rebuilding myself and my career, friends and strangers showed up without question to once again show faith.  Signs started to happen that the path I was on was right.  

It is now, after all of the mountains I have climbed, the rivers swam and the air consumed, I have decided 
I.. 
Am.. 
Enough..
No more seeking approval, love or acceptance.

No more doubts or fears.

No more anger or resentment.  

I do not want to fight the world to show I can, I have or I will.  

It's time to take back the ability to say, what I've done was right, not only for my children or others but for myself and I am worth it.  

So, referencing the title of this blog, "We All Know One Person" share with me the one inside you that is enough.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What love is

Becoming

No room for shame