Worth

Often, like many some days can be a struggle.  I’ve learnt to take those and put them in a bin after processing the negative thoughts, discarding them.

Life has ebbed and flowed, with many experiences I would like to wish never happened.  The truth is, they happened and have made me more resilient than expected. 

From a young girl to a grown woman, I wouldn’t be who I am today and for that I am full of gratitude.  This thought process has not come easy and there have been days I didn’t want it to continue.  I choose to carry on, knowing that tomorrow is another day, with an opportunity to turn things around.  

Starting over happens to everyone, all the time.  You are not alone and it is important to know how loved you are, even when you feel alone. Mum use to tell me that no one can love me until I loved myself and to this day, it holds true.  

The secret, if there is one, is to know that when you lay your head down at night, reflect on the good things, knowing you put your best foot forward.  Even if it was just an inch, you did it.  Being strong isn’t about hiding your feelings and putting on a brave face (albeit sometimes that is necessary) but having the courage to be honest with yourself or others about your feelings is necessary to survive.  Tucking away your fears, anger or sadness won’t do you any good.  

Take a deep breath, be still with yourself and look around.  You are worth every moment life has to offer.

Love always,
Nicky


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What love is

Becoming

No room for shame