Covid gratitude

When, and I speak with trepidation but when we return to whatever normal is, I hope we learnt some important lessons.  Simple but important...

1. The strength of a smile.  We’ve hidden behind masks (for the most of us) I miss facial gestures.  I miss the strength of a smile, how it made me feel how I saw the expression of another.

2. The power of a hug.  My lord.. hugs are part of my being.  I squish the heck out of people.  It feeds my soul.  I will hug you to the moment you may feel uncomfortable then, you’ll fall into my arms and feel better again.

3. The life of a conversations with others.  Sharing stories, laughing at experiences, yelling at the TV during a sporting event.  Mostly laughing.

4. Discovering how being in the moment has taught me to love life.  I feel I always did but now, more so than ever.  Sacrificing what I knew over a year ago to be where I am today.. I cannot express how tough it’s been but how much I’ve changed.  

I am looking forward to life after lockdown.  I want to share a dinner with you, a moment and a memory.  I miss being with my children, my family and my friends.  

Don’t mistake me though.. I will do what I have to so that we can have Covid gratitude.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What love is

Becoming

No room for shame