Learning, gaining & heading out

I enjoy writing about positive experiences, to show that "we all know one person" who can make a positive change in life.  Today though, I reflected on something I became lost on.  

Due to my personal understanding, I know we can be a positive influence on others when we are completely unaware.  

Having the privilege of speaking to someone this week about my experiences in life.  We discussed what I have I learnt, what I've gained and where do I want to go.

Firstly, "What have I learnt?"  I am adaptable.  I typically can figure out what people need and what I should do to make the best of any situation.  That's easy, I am, what they call in the the book "5 love languages", one that is "in the service of another" which makes me happiest.  You are happy, I am happy.

Secondly, "What I've gained?"  Wow.. gratitude.  Gratitude for opportunities, for people, friends and experience regardless of what they are.  

Lastly, "Where do I want to go?"  Well, now that I'm a bit older and a bit wiser, I've discovered that it's the same now as it was as a young adult.  I don't know but I'll follow my heart and passion.  I owned my own company, worked in not for profit, then a corporation, then back to not for profit.. Where do I want to go?  I want to go where my heart tells me.  

We don't listen to it often enough.  We think we know what is right for us (in our head).. 

like.. oh, yes, do that it makes sense or it's what people tell me I should do.. but how often do we listen to our heart?  I'd say, not often.  

I was surprised to learn though, I've followed my heart more than I knew.  While in this discussion, when I was asked, "Where do I want to go?"  I simply responded, "Wherever life takes me but I won't do something that doesn't make me happy."  

She smiled and agreed.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What love is

Becoming

No room for shame